Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A cranial prosthesis by any other name

Did you know wigs have names?

They do! Really!

(I think it's to make it easier to order and identify them in the industry. I base that on the fact that the dresses and other stuff created at the children's clothing company I worked for back in the 90's all had names. That way, instead of asking if all the blue dresses with the stripey collars were ready to ship, you could ask if all the "Jennifers" were ready. Lots easier. Especially if "Jennifer" happened to come in more than one color.)

Anyway.

I know you'd never have guessed, but the long brunette is called Delilah.

As in "You know, Sampson, I think you'd look awesome with shorter hair" Delilah. Uh huh.

And the short brunette is called Pigeon.

I'm still trying to figure that one out.

But the blonde? I have no idea.
It was one of the wigs they had out in the salon area. One they'd use when someone was trying to decide if they wanted to go blonde, I assume. (Basing this on the fact that they had one wig of each basic color in the salon, in differing lengths/styles.) Tags and packaging long gone, and maybe the style had been altered some when the stylists were bored? I really don't know.

I'm sure that if I went back and asked them, they'd know. In fact, he may have written it down on the invoice as he created it. I just wasn't paying attention at the time.

Besides, asking isn't fun. Making something up is.

So, any ideas?

Off the top of my head, "Amy" comes to mind (that whole "one night at band camp", Secret Life of the American Teenager sort of thing).

Or perhaps "Penelope"? I've just always liked that name.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. i don't know why, but i think Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy works, but I could see Samantha, or maybe even Kaitlyn. I think naming her is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete