Saturday, June 2, 2012

it's like a 5 o'clock shadow...for my head

I noticed on Thursday that my head seemed to be somewhat fuzzier, darker. But I didn't want to be jumping the gun here, stating that I might have some actual hair on my head.
Today, I took some pictures, and, yup, I seem to have more hair!
It's still quite thin, yes. And some of it isn't so much brunette as it is...void of color. But, it's there. And it's mine. By the time it's officially summer, I may be able to get away with wearing just a hat, on a really hot day, instead of a wig, topped with a hat, to protect my head from sunburn.

Also, my eyebrows are showing signs of coming back, though I'm not sure you can see that here.
Close up, in the mirror, I can see it. (This is my left eyebrow, BTW. Apparently, it thought it should match the right one. Stupid eyebrows. Do you have any idea how hard it is to draw eyebrows on yourself? Or how long that takes? Sheesh.)

My nails, however, seem to think it would be better to abandon ship.
Did no one tell them that chemo is over? Really, guys, you can stay! No need to peel off and regrow! (It's the index and middle finger there that are showing signs of peeling. So far.)
I trimmed them shorter, in an effort to keep them from catching on anything and getting pulled off. Not sure that's going to help, but, it was worth a shot. I'd say something like "why couldn't it have been my toenails instead", but, then one of those would want to come off, too. So, I never said that. Nope. And yes, I am aware that I could use a good manicure. It's just best if I don't do that until my nail strength is back to normal. I can live with ragged cuticles if it means keeping my nails. It's all a matter of perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment