Thursday, February 16, 2012

Wig Shopping

So, I've already got the one wig, from the gift closet at UVRMC:

But my current hairstyle is rather longer:

In fact, this is the longest my hair has ever been in my adult life, and I sort of like it right now. So I needed another.

I decided to go to Taylor Maid - a Utah-born costume shop and salon. I have had occasion to meet the owners, and they're nice people. I figured I'd be more comfortable talking about my hair with someone I already know, and I knew they'd give me good wig advice and help me figure out what was best for my face, etc.

Rick and the girls from the salon were fabulous! We tried on quite a few different styles, I looked through a catalog or two, and I ordered one that looks very like my current actual hair, in what I hope is close to my natural color (he helped with that, too, and we're sure we got it right).

And then, because when I tried it on, it looked so good, as-is, I bought this one:
What do you think?

I never really saw myself as a blonde, but, I don't know...I think this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment