Sunday, January 15, 2012

all the love

Friday, as we drove to the hospital, mom says that my brother J (the one in Singapore) sent me something. Something, he said, to keep me company while I recuperate. It arrived Thursday, but she hadn't opened it, so no idea what it was, and she'd forgot to mention it the night before. Thursday night had been a bit of a rush. I'd worked late, trying to get that one more thing done, the way you do, and then I hadn't packed for moms, or done much of anything in the way of prepping. Dumb.
It was nearly 10pm before we got to moms, where my dad and BIL were waiting to give me a blessing. I had dad do the blessing this time, and it was short, to the point. I felt calm and ready.

Back to Friday. I didn't forget there was a package waiting for me, and demanded it as soon as I was settled on the window seat in the living room. Mom helped to open the box, and...it was a Kindle Fire! With a nice black, classy cover to go with it. Awesome.

I start fiddling with it right away. It'll need charging, and I'll have to get it set up to remember me on various sites, like the blog, and facebook, so I can do stuff like I'm doing now. But, basically, you can all thank my bro for me being able to get updates out there so easily. Sure, I've got my new android phone, but, the Kindle has a much bigger screen, and that makes all the difference.

That was gift of love number one.

I'm only a few minutes into playing with the thing (including reading all the encouraging posts and comments, and seeing all the great pics of whole families dressed head-to-toe in pink, on facebook), when the doorbell rings. Flowers, gorgeous lilies with pale pink fat roses, in a beautiful square vase (I love a square vase!), from my book club gals. The scent is amazing! And the note, which my family fights over, for the privilege of reading it aloud to me, is incredibly sweet.

So much love, so immediately there for me. And it just keeps coming. Phone calls (not too many), texts, more comments and messages on facebook, cookies from a friend, and more flowers. These, from my ex-husband, the twins father, who is in WY, in law school, and has been so very sweet and caring. The note with these flowers (daisies, with smallish pink roses, the kind with ruffled edges in a darker pink, and also in a square vase) says, "To the strongest woman I know".

There aren't words enough to express how much it all means to me. Thank you, to all my friends and family. I couldn't do this without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment