Wednesday, January 11, 2012

good-as-it-gets news

My MRI and additional mammogram yesterday went fine, except that I did have a mild reaction to the contrast. Scratchy throat, almost sneezed, and then my nose ran for the rest of the test. So if they ever have to give me that contrast again, I'll need to be dosed with Benadryl.

Mammogram results: Radiologist says that the other spots are scattered, small, and haven't changed since last week, so, he feels we can just keep an eye on them. Dr T agrees, and we'll look at them again in six months.

MRI results: no new spots, no changes, no surprises, so we will proceed as planned with the lumpectomy.

Surgery is Friday the 13th. I've always had good luck with 13.

My sis set up a text group for my family on my phone, and I set up another with the main contacts for my other groups: work, book club, Fab Fibers, and other friends.
I have, finally, talked to the last of my seven siblings, so now, I can do updates and news by text.

I will do my best to keep this blog up to date as we go along, with some help from my mom and sis when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment