Monday, January 16, 2012

housefull

It's been an interesting weekend here at the manor.
We knew I'd be here, with the twins, to ease my recovery. Then, B*"s new nephew* was being life-flighted to Primary Childrens, from Idaho, and her SIL was in serious condition, so all-of-a-sudden, my niece needed taking care of while her daddy went to work, and they came here. So, I had my 3-yr-old niece to keep me company Saturday. Mom was ready to coax her away anytime I said, but, she was sweet and entertaining, and not too energetic, so I let her stay with me. She played on the bed (an old-fashioned four-poster), ate my treats, nibbled her lunch, and then fell asleep, leaned up against my legs, propped up on a pillow, while watching James & the Giant Peach. She was out for at least four hours, which is unusual for her.

Add to that the already planned b-day celebrations for Sunday, for one brother and his eldest daughter, which meant the arrival of all the other local siblings and their respective families, (including one elderly cat) most of whom stayed the night, and it was a busy household. Fun, and, plenty of people to take care of me, but we ran short of beds.

Speaking of beds, I've had one twin sleeping on a camp cot in my room every night ( they trade off) and at least one adult-type person in the room with me all the time. I was a little unsteady on my feet at first, and I still can't open a pill bottle on my own. Not to mention, we can't find the DVD remote, so, there's plenty for them to do.

Having a large family was a bit difficult on the beginning end of things, what with all the phone calls and everything, but now? It's a good thing.

*new nephew is now off the respirator, so things are looking up for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment